The Golden State Warriors routed the previously top-ranked San Antonio Spurs 120-90 and ended their 13-game winning streak this past Monday. With the lopsided victory, the defending NBA champion Warriors moved back at the top spot ahead of the Spurs in this week’s NOLA.com|The Times Picayune power rankings.
1. Golden State Warriors: Have won five straight games by an average of 25.4 points.
2. San Antonio Spurs: Allowing 90.6 points per game, lowest in the NBA, but surrendered 120 points and 52 percent shooting to the Warriors.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder: Guard Russell Westbrook has six triple doubles, three in the past nine games.
4. Toronto Raptors: Have the longest current winning streak in the NBA with 10 straight wins.
5. Cleveland Cavaliers: Are 3-1 since Tyronn Lue took over head coaching duties after David Blatt was fired.
6. Los Angeles Clippers: Are 14-3 since Blake Griffin has been on the injured list.
7. Memphis Grizzlies: Have averaged 103.0 points in winning six of their last seven games.
8. Chicago Bulls: Ten of their 19 losses this season have come on the road.
9. Boston Celtics: On a five-game winning streak and have scored at least 100 points in 11 consecutive games for the first time since the 1995-96 season.
10. Atlanta Hawks: Ranks second in the league in forced turnovers, averaging 16.8 points and they are second in points off turnovers with a 19.5 average.
11. Dallas Mavericks: Have won nine of last 12 at home.
12. Miami Heat: Allowing 95.7 points, second lowest in the NBA.
13. Indiana Pacers: Have not won two in a row since Jan. 6-8.
14. Detroit Pistons: Are 3-12 when opponents equal or outrebound them.
15. Houston Rockets: Have scored 100 points or more in 30 of 37 games under interim head coach J.B. Bickerstaff.
16. Portland Trail Blazers: Have won three straight and seven of their past nine overall.
17. New York Knicks: Ended a four-game losing streak on Friday with a win against the Phoenix Suns.
18. Utah Jazz: Gordon Hayward has made 27 straight free throws over the last six games.
19. Charlotte Hornets: Are 6-17 on the road, 16-8 at home.
20. Washington Wizards: Already with 15 losses at home after having only 12 for the entire 2014-15 season.
21. Sacramento Kings: Have surrendered 118.3 points per game during three-game losing streak.
22. Milwaukee Bucks: Are averaging 49.3 points in the paint, which is tied for first with the Kings.
23. Orlando Magic: Have lost eight in a row, the longest current losing streak in the Eastern Conference.
24. New Orleans Pelicans: Bench is averaging 42.6 points per game, the highest in the NBA.
25. Denver Nuggets: Have allowed an average of 111.7 point in their last seven games.
26. Minnesota Timberwolves: Are 4-27 when they trail after three quarters.
27. Phoenix Suns: 4-21 on the road, their last road win was Dec. 7 in Chicago.
28. Brooklyn Nets: Have a 3-12 record in January.
29. Los Angeles Lakers: Have lost nine straight and 13 of their last 14 games.
30. Philadelphia 76ers: Turns the ball over 17.1 per game, highest in the NBA.